static IP options

Aaron aaron at aarons.net
Wed Apr 3 04:55:29 CST 2002

Southwestern Bell supprised me.  They just lowered their rates on DSL with
static IP's to $65 a month.  They'll even give you the option of buying up
to 128 IP's for a one time charge.  I'm amazed they went away from the
monthly fee's.  I'm switching from my current ISP where I have 32 IP's and
pay $79.  (BTW, if you switch it's a pain.  I'm having a new phone line run
with new, separate DSL on it to avoid the 3 week downtime they said it would
take it I cancelled my other service first.)  They guy I talked to there was
actually.... gasp... knowledgeable and friendly...  He insisted they had to
send a tech out but would be more than happy to use my spare router for the
new service.  Did hell freeze over while I wasn't looking?

Aaron