static IP options

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Tue Apr 2 13:37:07 CST 2002

Does the business rate give you the option of a DNS listing?  If not, that
would be part of the problem.  Mine only changes if my system is offline
long enough that someone else picks up my IP address, but then the DNS entry
changes too, currently I'm "mkc-33-236-138.kc.rr.com".

There are services which will redirect certain service requests to a dynamic
address, that might be a way to go.

Also, I believe there are provisions that you are allowed to run servers on
a business account, whereas you're not supposed to on a residential.  Is
there a difference in the uplink speed?