Linux Help for local Library

Rick Palmer repalmer at sunflower.org
Tue Sep 4 03:22:59 CDT 2001

My advice for anyone considering helping these folks is to keep your
time investment down, don't invest any money you don't want to loose
and watch out for the politics.  The people in charge are wolves in
sheeps clothing.  They will take what you do and claim it.  If you do
something someone doesn't like they will blame you and don't be
surprised if it gets legal.

I have worked as a consultant and contractor for them and they will
chew you up, spit you out and move on to the next sucker who thinks
they are doing a good deed.   They walked away from $20,000 worth of
bills and then threatened to use free lawyers to not to pay the bill
they incurred through me as a middle man.   I got the privilege of
paying it.   If it sounds like I am unhappy with them...your right.
Take it for what its worth...but the bureaucrats in charge are not
the same breed as the librarian at the local branch.  They are
ruthless politicians in a world where power counts more than money or
people.

wow... I thought I'd forgotten about all that....  got the adrenaline
pumping again real quick!

rick