New twist on drive copy - Win - Win using Linux to stage?

Jeffrey A. McCright jmccright2 at home.com
Sat Sep 1 15:21:58 CDT 2001

For $8.00 at hypertech, you can purchase another 2.5" laptop HDD
installation kit and mount both drives in your system and then just use
drive copy directly. I also have a kit if you would like to borrow it. Saves
time and hassle and you can "JUST DO IT". Let me know before LUG meeting and
I will bring it to the meeting. Bring the drives and a PC and I will help
you with the transfer. Alternatively, you can pick up a copy of Drive Image
for about $65.00 at Microcenter and then create an image file on a locally
mounted partition without having to use another adapter. Then connect the
new drive and image it from the image file. I vote for the first option
above as it is faster (One step process) with no trial and error. It just
works.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Jeffrey A. McCright