KC Job Market

Richard Meeker rmeeker at kc.rr.com
Fri Sep 28 01:36:33 CDT 2001

You know, the really funny thing is that if they choose to take you on a
contract basis for 6 months, what they pay in that 6 month period of
time may be equal to 2 years of what they might offer you for salary.
Sometimes, in my humble opinion, the contract route just doesn't make
any sense.  They're not worried about money, it's the HR dept that is
worried about money, and ultimately they (your supervisors) have to
obtain permission from HR.  So, they will continue to bypass HR until
they either hire you on a permanent basis, or they choose to let you go
- without severance, of course.

Anyone need a good cross-platform admin, I do Linux, Novell, and NT?  Of
course, that's probably 75% of the people on this mailing list too :).