KC Job Market

Dana akadanak at kc.rr.com
Thu Sep 27 20:16:49 CDT 2001

I can't say about your situation, but I can say that
entry level jobs are practically non-existent. At my
last interview, I was told that here were over 100
qualified applications for an entry level job that
didn't pay all that well.

I would move in an instant if I thought the job market
was appreciably different somewhere else. So far, I
haven't found that place.

One thing that I am sure of is that there is no shortage
of programmers in the United States. There is a shortage
of programmers with 2 - 5 years experience but that is
because nobody will hire entry level graduates.

Dana