non-winmodem modems

Cox, Michael michael.cox at honeywell.com
Mon Sep 24 12:24:36 CDT 2001

To my knowledge, there are no external win-modems.  If it's external, it
will work with Linux.  With INTERNAL modems, you'll have to be more careful,
but most ISA modems with jumpers can be used (I have an ISA with the
Rockwell chipset, my daughter has a Motorola, external, and I just picked up
an ELSA external for a friend off of eBay for $32 from "PC Ambulance").

--

  .-.          Michael Cox
  /v       Linux user 199542
/(   )  riffraff at linuxgeekz.org
 ^^-^^   - Support Open Source -

http://www4.PetitionOnline.com/rot13/petition.html

deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin