spam revisited

Monty Harder lists at kc.rr.com
Sat Sep 22 04:26:42 CDT 2001

Brian Densmore <DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com> wrote:

>I think what might be a better solution, is to have an allowed/refused
>ruleset. This would work like this, refuse from the spamming domains
>unless there is a specific from address that is allowed. This gives you
>the best of both worlds, refusing spam on a domain basis, but allowing
>registered individuals through.

  Yes!  An additional feature would be the one that YahooGroups employs,
which allows a person to subscribe to the list with one email address to
which the list sends, but optionally additional addresses from which that
person may post.  I don't know how hard it is to massage Majordomo into
employing either or both of these ideas, but that's the sort of thing we
need to avoid throwing babies out with bathwater.