please help

Eric Gilliland jegilliland at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 22 03:30:16 CDT 2001

Well, no sooner than I introduce myself I have a problem.  I installed Mandrake Linux 8.0 over one
month ago.  This evening, upon returning to my computer, which had been in Win ME mode, I had a
message from Norton Antivirus the my master boot record had changed.  Because I had downloaded a
Quake 3 update today, I thought it may have contained a virus and selected the  option to restore
my old master boot record.  Now lilo does not load, and I can only boot Windows ME.  Is there a way
I can reload lilo without reloading all of linux?  I am a Linux newbie, but I am fairly proficient
in windows.Thanks in advance for the help.

Eric

J. Eric Gilliland
jegilliland at hotmail.com
Meet it is I set it down, that one may smile, and smile, and be a villain.
Hamlet Act 1 Scene 5Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com