Memory Question

zscoundrel zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Fri Sep 21 01:57:57 CDT 2001

I had a similar problem with 7.0 -  probably because I installed extra
memory after I installed the software.  I had to modify the boot
sequence to force RH7.0 to accept the full memory contingent.

Try rebooting and at the LILO prompt type in 'MEM=xxxxxxxxx' and replace
the x'es with the amount of memory reported at by the bios at power-up.

Then if this works, you can add the parameter so it will boot this way
all the time.

--
At 20, I was liberal, because I had nothing to lose and so much to gain.
by 40, I was conservative, because I had so much to lose and so little to gain.