Intellectual Ammunition

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Thu Sep 13 17:33:27 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Zafiropoulos" <tonyz at ctitek.com>

> The MAC Outlook version does not have a POP client, it can only connect to
> the Exchange server non-POP version. Since I could not connect with the
> MAC version to Sendmail...

> Please tell me differently... (newer version maybe??)

I think I've gotten it to work with a VMS mail host using POP/SMTP, but it's
been long enough that I'm not sure.

Good point on disaster recovery - I had to reinstall the OS on an Exchange
server once, and we did not have a second server doing replication or the
option to create one for recovery.  I did recover about 70% -80%, but lost
some of the archived mail.

Man, that was a pain.  I confidently loaded the off-site backup tape into
the DAT drive, which chewed it up and spat it back out.  Oy.