Intellectual Ammunition

Tony Zafiropoulos tonyz at ctitek.com
Thu Sep 13 16:15:47 CDT 2001

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:

> [...]
The MAC Outlook version does not have a POP client, it can only connect to
the Exchange server non-POP version. Since I could not connect with the
MAC version to Sendmail...

Please tell me differently... (newer version maybe??)

I was able to convince management to go with Sendmail, due to the
licensing cost and the difficult recovery process that makes Exchange
impossible to use in my opinion.

Please make your presentation a simple one that hammers 2 or 3 points,
talk to the person with emotion...

People go with certain systems based on emotion, not reasoning.

If it is a Sysadmin type of person, appeal to the disaster recovery aspect
of Exchange (lack of actually), and the fact that seperate Service pAcks
for Exchange must be administered after the recovery.

Slowly but surely I have moved all of my clients to Sendmail....

Even if they do not go with it right now, focusing on two or three items
is most important. Because as they deploy Exchange they will remember your
'emotional' argument.

Appeal to greed and fear.

Licensing and disaster recovery...

It works.

Tony

--
Tony Zafiropoulos
Let's pray for all of the people that lost their lives in

FixMyVirus.com
Cel: 314-504-3974
tonyz at fixmyvirus.com