Theoretical Samba File Server

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at home.com
Mon Oct 29 06:56:54 CST 2001

One other thing, since a couple of people have spoke about bottlenecks
at the bus, you may want to get a mother board for the server that has a
couple of 66 MHz PCI slots an get U160 SCSI drives that spin at 10K RPM
or 15 K RPM and maybe split the drives up to be on separate controllers.
The Adaptec SCSI controllers I used in a server project supported 66 MHz
and it made a noticeable difference.  Now that I think about it the the
motherboard we went with might have had 64-bit  capability also, but I
could be wrong.

Here's Dlink's spec page since I went there.
http://www.dlink.com/../../products/adapters/dfe570tx/