[Learn-chat] XP vs. Linux

jeffrey l koehn caveman at cyclox.com
Sun Oct 28 20:23:19 CST 2001

 I have to commend you jim.
 Cyclox which is a commercial entity that builds Linux computers
located in Mcpherson, KS since 1994 has spent over $7000.00
in the past few years on educational advertising and it has not
worked.
 Even though Cyclox is listed in the local and Wichita yellow
pages and the ad just advertises Linux computers,  the calls
Cyclox  receives which are few are about Micro$oft problems or
products and never about Linux, LInux computers,
or Linux solutions.
 I have noticed that very few use the telephone book
and that very few like to read in this part of the counry.
And most of the people in this area do not know about
Linux even with all of Cyclox's educational advertising.
 What people and businesses do in this area
is illegally copy windows and pass it around.
We are talking about total idiots here.
I mean that in a nice way.
 So I pose this question:
With what I know, what do I or anybody else try next?
 Cyclox is Not about to give up.
Maybe since everbody watches TV,
the IBM LInux commercial will open some eyes
but that has to do with Linux servers
and Cyclox is trying to push Linux desktops
as well as Linux servers.