[Learn-chat] XP vs. Linux

Jim Herrmann Jim at itdepends.com
Sun Oct 28 18:05:53 CST 2001

I thought I should clarify what this message was intended to do.  If you go
back and look at the header of the original message, you'll notice that it
was sent to learn-chat at kclearn.org, and I blind carbon copied the kclug list.
 You will also not that the message begins with "LEARN Members".  This is my
homeschool group. L.E.A.R.N. (Let Education Always Remain Natural).  I was
hoping to get some of them to convert to Linux.  I BCCed the KCLUG list to
encourage the rest of you to do that to other groups with whom you may be
associated.  I didn't think of that as an offer to the KCLUG group.  Since I
wasn't clear on that, I would still like to offer that to the group, but I
would like to alter the deal a bit.  I'll bring several copies into the group
meeting, and give them to the first to show up and request them.

I would encourage each of you on the list to offer to help a non-Linux friend
make the transition to a better way of computing.  That's my goal.  Those of
you already hooked on Linux should go buy a distribution to support the
community.  I think I will go buy the Mandrake Pro retail version since I'm
so happy with the download version.  I think it's 7 CDs, but it's something
like $69.  Not going to copy too many times.  ;-)

Peace, Love, and Linux,
Jim