Road Runner News

zscoundrel zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Sat Oct 27 23:39:38 CDT 2001

Ihaven't looked at the stats in a while so I don't have the exact
numbers, but I believe that RR has an asymetrical upload/download rate.
There is high bandwidth coming FROM the network TO the cable modem and
low bandwidth going the other direction.  This is less than an ideal
situation for an INTERNET server because requests which are fairly brief
would come in through the large pipe, and replies, which typically are
fairly large, would go out through the small pipe.  Since the personal
server is fairly low traffic, this should not be much of a problem, but
it is something to consider.

--
At 20, I was liberal, because I had nothing to lose and so much to gain.
by 40, I was conservative, because I had so much to lose and so little to gain.