Road Runner News

Chris Midkiff chris at datacaptech.com
Fri Oct 26 21:12:02 CDT 2001

I have heard people say that RR does not allow servers, but the acceptable
use policy for RR
http://help.rr.com/getpage.asp?/faqs/e_spamming.html?topic=Policies,selfhelp
make no mention of running a server.  If it is in writing somewhere else, I
have yet to see it.  (There was a RR employee on the list, perhaps he could
provide the documentation?)  I have had a personal server running on RR for
a couple of years.  It does not generate much traffic, really the only use
it sees is when I use it to SSH or FTP from the office, and personal email.

The only real problem is the dynamic IP, and www.dyndns.org takes care of
that ;-)

Chris

<SNIP> The main reason I'm still with them is I run a little
> server and they don't care at all. There's nothing in the TOS
> about it, and I
> haven't been able to find another ISP that would allow me to do
> this. If RR
> would allow it, I'd probably switch. Anyone know of any  ISPs that would
> allow me to do this?
</SNIP>