ISPs (PlanetKC)

Chris Midkiff chris at datacaptech.com
Mon Oct 22 17:00:19 CDT 2001

Since the subject came up,

I used PlanetKC for a couple of years, before I went to Roadrunner.  I know
several people who still use the service (my recommendation).  It's straight
TCP/IP dialup, dynamic IP assign (DHCP), static DNS servers.  Never had any
tech support questions to ask them, so I can't speak for their tech support.
Mail server stability is better than average, though I agree that your ISP
is not necessarily your best bet for Email.

They have a reliable service, with very few outages.  They used to have a '2
Minute Guarantee' that basically said that if you get a busy signal for
longer than 2 min, the month is on them.  Not sure whether they still do
this, but I got 2 months free over the course of 2 years by sending them an
email.  They credited my account, no questions asked.

As far as dial-up service in KC, I would place PlanetKC at the top of the
list.  Only problem is that there are no local numbers for other cities.  I
still have an AT&T dial-up that I use on the road, cause they have local
numbers about everywhere I go.

Chris Midkiff