New Linux Machines

zscoundrel zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Tue Oct 9 04:27:13 CDT 2001

I have been working on the guy at Computers-to-go in Westport to start
selling Linux.  If we can get some interest going, he will start
building Linux machines, but right now he doesn't see enough interest.

They are located on the corner of Westport road and Broadway.  (Just
across from Cosimo!)  One of his techs is into Linux and I got him to
strip 'doze off of one of the machines I bought from him - with a
healthy reduction in price for the 'doze software license I didn't need
to buy!  He even made me a fair trade on the internal 'doze modem for an
external US Robotics 56k v.anything (plus the cash difference) and came
up with a Linux compatible NIC for a fair price.

--
At 20, I was liberal, because I had nothing to lose and so much to gain.
by 40, I was conservative, because I had so much to lose and so little to gain.