Printers

Jonathan Hutchins, Rune Webmaster hutchins at therune.com
Fri Mar 30 16:30:54 CST 2001

> And now for something completely different. Has anyone set up printers for
> sharing over the network? I haven't look at any of the HOWTO's yet, but I
> assume it's relatively easy to do.

What systems do you need to share to?  (I presume you're sharing from a
Linux box.)  Mandrake and RedHat both have quick-config tools where you just
answer some questions, and I'm pretty sure they can be invoked outside the
install script (I seem to remember doing it).  You run 'em on the box that
doesn't have the printer - the one with the printer installed shouldn't need
anything done to it.

Actually whacking out the configuration files is a bit trickier, but there's
a print(er, ing, something) howto that should give you the details from
linuxdoc.org.~