wrong major or minor number

Brian Densmore densmoreb at ctbsonline.com
Wed Mar 28 14:13:57 CST 2001

Jared,

Just curious. Why are you using the /40 in mount command? I assume you have
an fstab entry for /dev/hdb1? Or are you using /40 as a mountpoint? You can
modprobe to determine if the vfat filesystem is active. It may be compiled
as a module, although I always compile it into the kernel. You can look in
/etc/filesystems to see if you have support for vfat. If it isn't in there
it's a pretty good bet the kernel isn't compiled for vfat.

Brian