Off Topic - Novell Contractor Needed

Franklin, Joel JDFranklin at moheck.com
Thu Mar 22 00:09:50 CST 2001

Pipe down, Hal...I can't hear the fight :)

/me eats some more popcorn

---

On a more serious note, have you got URL handy for IPX/SPX on Linux? "Handy"
is the key word here; I can find it if it's out there but would prefer to
take advantage of your knowledge if I can.

That's one of the cool things we open source types ('free software', if you
prefer) can do that neither Netware nor NT can. Consider the human-decades
(as opposed to man-years?) of wasted effort bringing directory services to
an OS that didn't have them when such services already existed but were
secret...but hey, why build up a multi-billion dollar cash reserve if not to
waste it reproducing someone else's work? Too bad Novell didn't patent the
idea when they could have - imagine every Windows CD bearing a logo of
'Novell technology inside'