Video Card

Chris Midkiff chris at datacaptech.com
Fri Mar 16 15:01:01 CST 2001

You might consider and NVidia GeForce based card, there is a good selection
of them out, running between $100 - $250 for various levels of performance.

NVidia provides binary drivers for their cards, but there are several
requirements to make them work.  XF86 4.01 or better, Mesa installed, but
some Mesa files removed, Manually editing XF86's Config file (since none of
the setup scripts will set the card up correctly)

After _Much_ futzing around, I finally got my NVidia Geforce2 mx card
working correctly.  It's a pain to set up, but it runs great (Q3, anyone?)

If you want an easy solution, you might try a Voodoo chipset card, they are
getting cheap right now, and support is very good.  Too bad they're out of
business...

Chris Midkiff
DataCapture Technologies
chris at datacaptech.com