DSL Speed/Limits?

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Wed Mar 14 15:54:09 CST 2001

At 07:39 AM 3/14/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Folks -
>
>Here is the question I sent, and the reply I got.  What I'm wondering is
>am I being blown smoke?  Does this seem reasonable based
>on other user's DSL experiences or is Telocity just taking the "lazy way
>out"?
>
>Thanks -
>Chris H.

I don't remember for sure how far away I am, but one person I talked to
said that now at my line length they "cap" the line to make it more stable,
but that cuts the speed.  Mine works absolutely fantastic and I told them
if they cap it, what I would do to them in no uncertain terms.   ;-)
Every so often mine will drop (like every 6 months or so) and I'll have to
go round and round until they reset something on their end and then it
works like a charm.  I have my service through DSLOnRamp here in KC, but
they don't sell to new customers any more.  Too many telco headaches!

-- Bradley Miller