A question about tonight's Installfest.

John Gardner BarleyMarsh at mailandnews.com
Thu Mar 8 10:01:16 CST 2001

This is my first posting, and I hope I'm doing this right.

My wife "inherited" a laptop (NEC Versa 4000) from her work, as well as a
couple of hard drives for it. She's letting me install Linux on the smaller
hard drive (1 Gig, which ought to be enough <smile>).

However, we have a tiny problem. This laptop doesn't have a CD-ROM available.
We do, however, have a PCMCIA network card, as well as a cross-over cable,
both of which will be coming with me tonight.

The laptop supports its PCMCIA drive well enough under Windows 95 -- our
larger hard drive has that set up, and we've been able to connect to our home
computer and access its CD-ROM.

Will it be feasible for me to be able to connect to another computer tonight
to access its CD-ROM? Or will doing that be such a time-and-resource hog that
someone would prefer to do it elsewhere/elsewhen?

Either way, I'm looking forward to coming to the Installfest. I don't know as
much about Linux as I ought, and am anticipating learning a lot tonight. See
you there/then!

John Gardner
barleymarsh at mailandnews.com

Maybe Kennedy should've been rougher on those CUBISTS back in '62!
	-- Zippy