/proc/locks file

Gene Dascher gedascher at multiservice.com
Thu Jun 21 02:40:48 CDT 2001

I am very familiar with the lock file, and I removed it earlier today.
I am still having the problem!  When I go into my .netscape directory as
myself and execure the following command (the lock file is already
gone):

touch lock

I get the following response:

touch: lock: Permission denied

But if I go in as root and run the same command, it creates a 0 byte
file.  I chmod 660 lock.  Then if I go back as myself and try and rm
lock, I get the following response:

rm: cannot unlink `lock': Permission denied

Hmmmmm.......

Thanks, though.

Gene