VMWare

Chris Bier chris.bier at linuxmail.org
Tue Jun 19 19:16:20 CDT 2001

   -----Original Message----- From: Gene Dascher To: "'kclug at kclug.org'"
   Subject: VMWare > Anyone here use VMWare Express? They have a special
   price ($20.01) for > 2001 graduates, so I (I mean my wife, since she
   graduated this year :) ) > am considering getting it. If anyone here
   uses it, answer this question > if you can: > > Can I access existing
   windows partitions through Samba if they are > mounted under Linux?
   No. Samba shares, when mounted are treated just like any other part of
   the file system. > I know that with Express, you can't boot to >
   existing windows installations. I have asked this of a VMWare sales >
   dude, who is going to be asking a VMWare tech support dude. Let's see