Coyote Linux question

Chris Mitchell cmitchell at kc.rr.com
Sat Jun 16 07:35:13 CDT 2001

I recently set up my local router using Coyote Linux and am having a problem. I have connectivity
with the Internet from the router, however when I boot clients to grab an IP it has always failed.
I have dhcpd listening on the specified NIC (and obviously dhcpcd listening on the other NIC
connected to the Internet). Obvious questions: Yes, I am using a crossover cable.  Yes, I am
setting my NIC on my clients to dynamic. No, I am not even getting a link light on the NICs. I
think this is more of a network problem than a Linux problem, but I didn't want to rule out the
possibility that maybe I overlooked something on the software front. I'm using 3c509s for both NICs
and there is no device conflict. I have just realized that I have never got a linklight on the NIC
dedicated for client connectivity, but I have never got any errors when watching the boot or
looking at the logs.  I shouldn't have to load the same mod twice for each NIC, should I?

Chris Mitchell