Comcast & VPN - with NAT Router?]]

Jeremy Fowler jfowler at westrope.com
Fri Jun 15 20:33:29 CDT 2001

Actually IPSec uses GRE packets which isn't port specific. So most VPN
connections using IPSec cannot go through VPNs unless the VPN is setup to
specifically route GRE packets to the VPN concentrator or the VPN
client/concentrator allows UDP encapsulation like Cisco's 3000 series
Clients/Concentrators.

-Jeremy