Cron scripts anyone?

jared jared at mail.ru
Thu Jun 14 06:40:16 CDT 2001

If anybody on the list knows about cron scripting, i need some help.  (I have no cron experience,
unfortunately)

I need a script that will take the file "log" for example and move it to /log/(date_goes_here_).log
and then makes a new blank text file "log" where the first "log" was.  This needs to do this every
24 hours.  It's a way to keep my logs sorted without doing this manually.

Jared

P.S. a short tutorial on where to put the script or how to make it run would be very handy