DNS in Overland Park Roadrunner

steve cartwright stevecartwright at eircom.net
Sat Jun 9 17:40:10 CDT 2001

I am currently connected to RoadRunner via a Windows 98 machine,
via the USB port on the PC. I have connected this machine via
a null modem ethernet cable to a linux machine.

I have enabled Internet Connection Sharing in the Windows 98 machine.
The Linux machine used to be a windows 95 machine, and I succesfully
was able to share the rr connection. However I haven't been able
to share the internet onto my linux (Redhat 6) environment.

Does anyone know how I get around this. Is it a matter of finding
out the DNS and Gateway addresses of rr ? or is it something more
difficult than that. I have linux setup to use DHCP right now, it
starts up and gets an address ok, but thats about all.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve Cartwright