Linux Project (RE: Linux vs. Windows and why win is winning!)

Edgar Allen era at sky.net
Sun Jul 29 06:04:57 CDT 2001

Forwarded message:

>  I don't see why the menu system has to necessarily abandon the
>  "classic" design entirely.  One choice off the new menu could be to
>(part) the old menu.  The trick is to avoid overwhelming the user with
>too much detail all at once - categorize things the way a non-techie
>thinks, to keep the number of choices manageable, but don't nest the
>menus so deeply that =that= becomes a new level of complexity in
>itself.

My Redhat 7.0 has 3140 commands available at the command line.

If each pulldown has 5, 6, or 7 elements then the menues must go
to file levels.  If you want some things to end before the fifth level
then those will be in addition to the cascading entries.

Those are just the commands.  Are you intending to cover options as well ?

Are you planning to reduce the number of commands ?  Which ones ?
Who decides ?