Linux vs. Windows and why win is winning!

Cox, Michael michael.cox at honeywell.com
Thu Jul 19 13:45:12 CDT 2001

I've seen themes that mimic WIN95 on http://kde.themes.org/
<http://kde.themes.org/>

--

  .-.          Michael Cox
  /v       Linux user 199542
 // \     <http://counter.li.org/> http://counter.li.org
/(   )  riffraff at linuxgeekz.org
 ^^-^^   - Support Open Source -

"The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword,
because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force
superior to any band of regular troops..." -- Noah Webster

    Now to the solution, I recently went on an endevour with a programmer
friend of mine to make the KDE interface almost identical to windows, like
changing the foot print (start button like) button to say something like
"Begin" or "Linux" but neither of use are skilled enough to even break the
water on this one. What I just mentioned is a good start (ignore the pun),
but if we can make the right clicks work the same way, the buttons and
clicks and edges and screens more familiar to Windows users, we could start
the worlds largest conversion ever. That includes the Linux tool bar to
autohide and all the buttons to be smoother looking. Personnally I love
Linux but find to transition to be horridly difficult and thats why in a
couple of weeks, when I build a web server for my father it will run Windows
2000 Advanced Server, because even though I know little about it, its easy
as hell to learn. Well I am done ranting what are your thoughts.

-Patrick