Paranoia

Carl Mayer cmayer at revbiz.com
Sun Jul 15 17:42:37 CDT 2001

We thought about writing and distributing (for free of course) an
application that, upon a press of the BSA button, CAREFULLY deletes all
unlicensed software.  It would decide what to remove by info polled from
a config file that the user would have to construct.  The machine would
then reboots to Linux.

I am not a proponent of pirating SW, however, I also believe that most
companies who sell a good software package (and lots that don't (M$))
get paid plenty of times for it and each person needs to make their own
ethical decisions on what they "buy".  That decision should be made
without the BS(A) prodding them in the keyster too.  Besides, there are
plenty of ways for companies to key software so it can't be pirated if
they would make the effort.

Back to the point: I think that would be funny to see those bozos walk
in and see a bunch of machines rebooting with nothing but Linux and
legal software when it reboots.  Thoughts?

Carl Mayer
RBC Incorporated
http://www.revbiz.com
mailto:cmayer at revbiz.com