will lack of corporate support kill off Linux?

Philip, Anil aphili01 at sprintspectrum.com
Fri Jul 13 17:00:12 CDT 2001

Hi,
Just a discussion ;), but have you been noticing (like I have) how reluctant
corporations are to use open source - even though they are willing to buy
any crap software at any price as long as it is "owned" by a company so that
someone is liable.
For example at my workplace, linux is not used, not allowed. In my earlier
workplace, same story (we're talking the biggest phone companies in the
country).
Will this sideline open source to academia and maybe kill it off eventually?
thanks,
Anil Philip