Boot Disk

Chris Bier chris.bier at linuxmail.org
Thu Jul 12 15:16:54 CDT 2001

  The boot floppy from the other system probably won't boot your harddrive unless the / partition
is in the same location (e.g. /dev/hda5) on both machines.  Otherwise, the easiest way I have found
is to take a boot floppy, and at the boot prompt type in
linux root=/dev/hda5
replacing hda5 with the location of your / partition.