New Prentice Hall User Group Program

Duston, Hal hdusto01 at sprintspectrum.com
Wed Jul 11 18:41:44 CDT 2001

Brian,

Not to contradict you a bit here, but what the heck.  I _own_
"Unix Network Programming" 2nd Ed. Vol's 1 & 2 by W. Richard
Stevens.  He was the recognized authority on TCP/IP I believe.
I also own "The Standard C Library" by P. J. Plauger.  And they
also publish "The C Programming Language" by Brian Kernighan and
Dennis Ritchie.  "The Decline and Fall of the Amercan Programmer"
as well as "Rise and Ressurection of the American Programmer"
by Ed Yourdan. I thought all of these people were fairly well
known.  :-)

Although you are right, O'Reilly doesn't spam people.
So I would remove the not from the not so well known,
and then it comes down to money I guess.

Hal