Linux+ Certification Beta

Eva Chen EChen at comptia.org
Tue Jul 3 20:13:42 CDT 2001

Linux+ Certification Beta
Testing Information

*	Beta testing for CompTIA's Linux+ certification will begin on
Friday, June 22, 2001 and continue for one month.

*	The beta exam will cover the following domains. Please click
here for the details.
http://www.comptia.org/certification/linuxplus/linuxplus_blueprint.pdf
<http://www.comptia.org/certification/linuxplus/linuxplus_blueprint.pdf>

		Planning the Implementation	4%
		Installation	12%
		Configuration	15%
		Administration	18%
		System Maintenance	14%
		Troubleshooting	18%
		Identify, Install, and Maintain System Hardware	19%

*	The Linux+ certification beta exam will be offered worldwide.
Pre registration will begin on Friday, June 15th.  For more information,
visit CompTIA's web site at www.comptia.org <http://www.comptia.org> .
The test number for candidates to use to identify the Linux+ beta is
XK1-001.
*	To Register with Prometric in North America (US and Canada)
please call 1-800-895-3926 or visit www.2test.com <http://www.2test.com>
. International registration is available through Regional Prometric
Registration centers.
*	To Register with VUE in North America (US and Canada) please
call 1-877-551-7587 or visit www.vue.com/comptia
<http://www.vue.com/comptia> .

*	The cost for the Linux+ Certification Beta Exam will be $90.00
for Both Domestic and International.

*	The beta exam consists of 145 questions and to be completed
within 2.5 hours.

*	If you pass the certification beta, you will be Linux+ certified
and your will be certified for life.

*	Candidates should be aware that they will not receive an
immediate score report as an analysis of the entire beta must be
completed in order to establish the pass/fail rate. Candidate will
receive their results after the program launches in September.

** Please remember that we have a goal of 400 candidates taking the beta
exam to validate the questions/answers! The more candidates we have the
more confidence we will have in the statistics from the beta analysis!
**
If you have any questions, please contact Eva Chen at echen at CompTIA.org
<mailto:echen at CompTIA.org>  or Phaedra McLaughlin at
pmclaughlin at comptia.org <mailto:pmclaughlin at comptia.org> .
http://www.comptia.org/certification/linuxplus/linuxplus_beta.htm
<http://www.comptia.org/certification/linuxplus/linuxplus_beta.htm>
 <http://www.comptia.org/certification/linuxplus/linuxplus_beta.htm>