cdrecord and scripts

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Jan 17 19:38:18 CST 2001

Well, it's not too long. About 60 lines. Let me know what you think. Don't
be too critical, it's my first real shell script. I do some basic error
checking, but haven't put in a check yet to verify a speed selection. I
tried using a case statement here but had problems parsing the arg list.

#!/bin/sh
spd=1

while [ $1 ]
do
if [ "$1" = "-f" ]
then
    shift
    src="$1"
elif [ "$1" = "-d" ]
then
    shift
    dev="$1"
elif [ "$1" = "-s" ]
then
    shift
    spd="$1"
else
#  echo $1
  shift
fi
done
if [ "$src" = "" ]
then
   echo "$usage"
   exit 1
elif [ "$dev" = "" ]
then
   echo "$usage"
   exit 2
fi
if [ -d $src ]
then
    echo "$src is a directory"
else
   echo "$src is not a directory tree"
   echo "$usage"
   exit 3
fi
# is it a valid device?
cdrecord -checkdrive dev=$dev
if [ $? = 0 ]
then
# use RockRidge for portability and include a trans.tbl for converting
proper file names back in
   mkisofs -R -T -o cdimage.raw $src
   echo "Testing ISO image"
   mount cdimage.raw -r -t ISO9660 -o loop /mnt
   ls -lR /mnt
# did we make an image?
   if [ $? = 0 ]
   then
       echo "ISO image good, proceeding"
       umount /mnt
       echo "recording at speed $spd"
       cdrecord -v dev=$dev speed=$spd cdimage.raw
   fi
# should clean up cdimage.raw here
else
# scan the bus and display to user so they can enter proper codes
   cdrecord -scanbus
   echo "$dev is not a valid device"
   echo "$usage"
   exit 4