DSL questions - Heads up Sprint guys....

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Wed Jan 17 18:00:12 CST 2001

At 11:45 AM 1/17/01 -0000, Dana wrote:
>Just as a data point,
>I checked my connection speed at
>http://msn.zdnet.com/partners/msn/bandwidth/speedtest50.htm
>and got these results using Roadrunner.
>Your line speed:
>438.7 Kbps
>53.8 K bytes/sec
>
>Dana

download start time: 979754158433
download end time: 979754164542
download time: 6.109
download size in thousands of bytes: 500
estimated line speed (K bits per second): 667.9
estimated line speed (K bytes per second): 81.8

Things are kind of slow -- both my boxes show about the same (NT/Linux).
That site I would say is pretty hammered all the time with people making
speed tests.   I can usually run multiple downloads in that range from
Napster during the day.  (That's hitting multiple people's T1 lines and
such.)

-- Bradley Miller