CD Burn Trouble revisited

Dave Parker dlparker at dlpinc.com
Wed Jan 17 17:54:03 CST 2001

I burned the two mdk 7.2 iso images on a TEAC CD-W54E using the
following command:

  cdrecord -v speed=2 dev=2,0,0 filename.iso

The drive supports 4x write, and I've cut at least one CD at 4x
('speed=4').  I'd try it just from the command line, at maybe
half the rated record speed, just to eliminate as many variables
as possible.  If you're using a good iso image and it records ok
at half speed, try one at full speed.  If that works, then it's
possible there's some problem in the way the front end tool (I
tend to distrust them generally - more possible points of failure)
is configured, or maybe the system load is an issue.

--
Dave Parker/DLP, Inc.    dlparker at dlpinc.com    www.dlpinc.com
816-540-5167 voice    816-540-5218 fax     816-405-3762 mobile