Hardware problem?

Gottipati Aravind slttg at cc.usu.edu
Fri Jan 12 19:26:54 CST 2001

sometime around Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 10:33:46AM -0600
Brian Kelsay wrote:
> get funny noises from fans after this then they will need to be replaced.
> If the PC is in a place where it can't get rid of heat and you only have one
> fan in it (the power supply), then definitely add another in the front or
> rear of the case.
>
> You didn't say what hardware you had, but P-II, III, Athlon and high-end 3d
> graphics cards produce a lot of extra heat.  Need to get rid of that
> somewhere.

I have a pentium III , and its a custom built system, Its got only one
fan at the back and it also has a 32 mb riva tnt graphics card.. so do u
think I need a second fan in it? Also sometimes after its been running
for like a ouple of hours, I get some sounds like a wire getting in the
way of the fan or something like that.. I need to get that checked out
too..

Thank you all for your responses.. I left my computer running and I want
to see if if crashes again, so I can take it back to the guys that built
it and ask them for a new power supply and another fan..

bye
Aravind