Hardware problem?

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at askpioneer.com
Fri Jan 12 16:33:06 CST 2001

Along the lines of over-heating, you may want to blow the dust out of the
fans and the entire unit while unplugged or off.  This sometimes gets rid of
odd noises from fans and makes the heatsinks work there magic.  If you still
get funny noises from fans after this then they will need to be replaced.
If the PC is in a place where it can't get rid of heat and you only have one
fan in it (the power supply), then definitely add another in the front or
rear of the case.

You didn't say what hardware you had, but P-II, III, Athlon and high-end 3d
graphics cards produce a lot of extra heat.  Need to get rid of that
somewhere.