IP Routing Question

Monty J. Harder dmonster at juno.com
Tue Jan 2 22:04:13 CST 2001

On Tue, 2 Jan 2001 15:57:48 -0600 Brian Densmore
<DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com> writes:

> >   But do packets have to traverse the private IP to get to the
> public
> > one?

> so the answer to your question would be hard to thoroughly test. The

  Not really.  If one the router-to-router links use private IP
addresses, but the subnets "behind" those links use public IP, then the
answer is "yes".

> wide. So my answer is it's doable and has been done and your
> instructor
> needs more training.

  My instructor knows the way that NT can do it, which as we all know
isn't necessarily the way the Net can do it. <g>
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.