We deon't need no stinkin' subject lines

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Tue Feb 27 21:59:12 CST 2001

At 12:32 PM 2/27/01 -600, you wrote:
>So I guess that makes Benjamin Franklin not just a great womanizer, but
also the grandfather of copyright infringement.  Maybe we should hold Jon
Lech Johansen (DeCSS fame) and Napster up in such high regard?

>Doug Ramsey

How many of us hold Smith-Wesson responsible for gun deaths?   What about
blaming Ford/Honda/Chevy/DiamlerChrysler because you can't drive?   I don't
see what the big deal is with putting down Napster -- it's a tool.  What
YOU do with it is what is legal/ethical.  They can't legislate or control
your usage.

For instance, last night they had on a news blurb about a drug dealer
simulation program.  Is it right?  Is it legal?   If people begin telling
other  people what they can and can't produce, is that right?   Hmm?

-- Bradley Miller