error during D3 Pick install...

Eric Rossiter rossiter at discoverynet.com
Fri Feb 23 17:24:44 CST 2001

Morning folks,

I've been trying to install D3 Pick (mvMRDB) on Red Hat Linux 6.1.  The
Linux install goes without a hitch, no problems there.  I almost get
completely through the D3 Pick install (ABS load ok), but when I get to the
part where I load the data files I receive the following error:

EXT2-fs error (device ide0(3,1)): ext2_write_inode: unable to read inode
block - inode=18423, block=40894554

Can someone explain to me what is happening here????

After I receive this error, the D3 install is fubar'd and upon re-attempting
to boot I receive this error:

INIT: cannot execute "sbin/shutdown"

Any clues as to why??

TIA,