FAST ftp sites

Gene Dascher gedascher at multiservice.com
Mon Feb 12 02:47:40 CST 2001

Does anyone have a current list of fast ftp sites for downloading iso
images?  I used to go out to ftp.freesoftware.com, but the best I have been
able to get over the past 3 days is 5.5KBps, whereas I once downloaded the
RH7 iso at 185 KBps!  Hmmm, a thought:  Do we have access to run cgi's on
the kclug website?  If so, maybe one of us can write a nice Perl script that
allows users to enter stuff like this into a form so we can all share in the
knowledge.  I'd be happy to write the script, if we can.

Thanks,

Gene Dascher
Systems Developer
Multi Service Corp.