Dumb Question

Joe Brouhard jbrouhard at home.com
Tue Feb 6 16:37:08 CST 2001

> Sorry Gene,
>
> I can't help you, but I'm hoping you can help me..... I'd be interested in
> knowing what you used for network properties, particularly DNS,
> on your Win
> box behind the gateway... (you have one, right?)
>
> I'd also be interested in looking at your ipchains script....I've been
> trying to set up ipchains and ipmasq on the Comcast at home network here in
> Independence for about a month now...

Okay.. as seeing everyone's been complaining about Comcast at HOME in and
around Independence...

My recommendation: Get a LinkSys Cable/DSL Router.  They work wonders for me
(They have NAT Firewalls in them, and an internal DHCP server.  they're
prefect for my needs, and provide security for my network).  I no longer run
a Linux server, but that may change in the future.