win XP and mandrake 8.1 dual boot (again)

Eric Gilliland jegilliland at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 30 05:21:35 CST 2001

Hello Everyone,

OK I solved my problem in the most drastic way possible.  I upgraded to
Windows XP (let the flaming begin) as a clean install, reformatting the hard
drive.  There is only one partition on the HD, the one XP is in.

I have not yet reinstalled Mandrake 8.1.  I am a little worried; it seems
some people are having trouble doing this, from what I am reading on the web
while doing research.

I must have windows usable until I finish my thesis.  I may wait until
finishing my thesis before attempting to install mandrake 8.1 again.  Has
anyone out there installed mandrake 8.1 on a single win xp partition? I
would appreciate any advice on this topic.

Thanks,

Eric Gilliland

J. Eric Gilliland
jegilliland at hotmail.com
Meet it is I set it down, that one may smile, and smile, and be a villain.
Hamlet Act 1 Scene 5