file server for home

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Fri Dec 28 16:40:48 CST 2001

Except Harddisk space! I'd recommend the biggest fastest HD your budget
allows. I'd also recommend a SCSI HD. And use ext3 or some other kind of
journaled file system, and use RAID. So you'll really want two of the
biggest fastest HDs your budget allows. Of course you could get by with
just one, but still use a journaling file system. They are just so much
more resilient, there no reason to use anything but. All of my new
systems run a small read only boot partition using ext2, and the rest is
reiser journaled.

Brian